Land Agreements is focused on advancing the honorable implementation of our Treaty of 1854, and addressing the historic and on-going violations of that Treaty by the Crown. This work includes: advancing claims against the Crown for violations of the Treaty; engaging with the Crown and third parties who wish to use the lands and resources of Snuneymuxw Territory to ensure recognition and respect of the Treaty; and educating the public about the Treaty, and its implications for all residents of Snuneymuxw Territory.
This service continues to work on developing a process for engagement with the Province on applications for the use or development of lands and resources in Snuneymuxw territory.
• Addressing Snuneymuxw concerns about the Estuary including log booming.
• Developing a hunting protocol with BC.
• Implementing the Relationship Agreement with BC Hydro.
• Developing a comprehensive strategy for Fisheries.
• Exploring and advancing opportunities for Treaty implementation.