Around The House:
Schedule a family garage clean-out. Create a storage for sporting goods, camping equipment, recreational vehicles, and garden tools.
Inspect, clean and repair outdoor furniture.
Tour house exterior and grounds. Make a list of any needed seasonal maintenance and report to the Housing Department.
Inspect the roof for winter damage: leaks, missing or broken shingles and report to the Housing Department.
Clear away any remaining dead foliage and weeds from beds and lawn. New growth will be protected from damage or disease.
Inside The House:
Changing seasons, changing clothes. Hold a family wardrobe check as you bring out warm-weather clothing. Sort winter clothing for discards and donations before you store.
Hold a garage sale! Declutter house and garage to turn trash into cash!
Pick a weekend and enlist the family for Spring cleaning. Many hands make light work! Reward the team with a pizza!
- Wash windows inside and out. Take out and wash window screens. While at the window area, vacuum any dust on drapes and window treatments.
- Move furniture and vacuum beneath it.
- Dust lighting fixtures.
- Wash walls and trim. Wash doors, knobs and switch plates.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Dust furniture.
- Empty all bathroom cabinets and vanity. Wash inside, replace items neatly. Discard expired medications and cosmetics.
- Clean tub, sink and drains.
- Clean toilet, inside and out. Remove seat and clean around seat bolts.
- Wash kitchen cabinet doors and knobs
- Clean oven and stove top. Remove elements and drip bowls, wash and put back.
- Clean and organize fridge and freezer. Defrost freezer, if necessary. Check food expiry dates.
- Clean under fridge and stove.
- Wash counters and back splash.
- Wash and shine sink. Shine faucet. Clean drain.
- Launder throw pillows and blankets.
- Clean lamps and lampshades.
- Sort through music, DVD collections, books and magazines. Donate or recycle ones that you don’t want.
- Wash hard plastic children's toys with warm soapy water. Rinse and dry. Launder stuffed toys. Donate or store toys that your children have grown too old for.
- Wash outside of washer and dryer. Wash inside of washing machine. Wash lint trap with soap and water to remove filmy build-up from laundry soaps and dryer sheets. Let air dry thoroughly before putting back in place.
Clean blades of ceiling fans.
Sort through and organize family photographs (digitally or into albums).
Sort and clean any extra areas such as linen closets, utility closets and other spaces.
Please report any problems to the Housing Department.