Please do not throw out beds/furniture you may suspect have bed bugs - homes and furniture can be treated to remove the infestation.
SFN Housing Dept. is unable to purchase new beds/furniture that are thrown out.
SFN Pest Control SFN Maintenance receives reports of pests including rats, mice, cockroaches, silverfish bugs, ants, and bed bugs.
Please be aware of the following contributing factors for each different pest problem.
Rats and mice
Keep your yard and house clean of open food sources (dog or cat food, animal or fish parts)
Keep your grass trimmed and any brush or bushes cut Pick up ripened fruit from the ground
Clear all possible pest nesting areas (junk and burn piles, old couches or beds, tires) in your yard and basement When discarding of fish, deer or elk parts, please take them well back into the forest and fish remains go back to the ocean.
Clean your house and yard of any sweet foods or drinks (pop or juice containers)
Highly transferable and can move from home to another home very quickly.
Many travel through USED furniture, luggage and clothing. Since this bug is by far the hardest to get rid of, full cooperation from the tenant or home owner with our professional service provider is the only way to get rid of bed bugs.
Bed Bugs are a pest of exposure; they can affect anyone regardless of:
Value or location of property
Knowing how to spot the signs of a Bed Bug infestation can help prevent you from getting a problem in your home. Not everyone has symptoms from Bed Bug bites.
Going on Vacation? Don’t bring Bed Bugs Home with You! S-L-E-E-P
- Survey surfaces for signs of an infestation, such as tiny rust-colored spots on bed sheets, mattress tags and seams, and bed skirts.
- Lift and look for all bed bug hiding spots, including underneath the mattress, bed frame, headboard, and furniture.
- Elevate your luggage on a luggage rack away from the bed and wall, since bed bugs can often hide behind head boards, artwork, picture frames and electrical outlet panels.
- Examine your luggage carefully while repacking and when you return home. Always keep luggage off the bed and store it in a closet or other area, far away from your bedroom.
- Place all your clothing from your luggage immediately in the dryer for at least 15 minutes at the highest setting upon returning home from travel.
Contact SFN Housing if you suspect anyone in your household having bed bug bites.
Or download the reports below.