Holiday Safety Preparation
Please review your Holiday checklist:
1) Check to make sure that your oven and elements are all in working order.
2) Make sure your smoke alarm is in working order.
3) Please check the water level for fresh-cut Christmas trees on a daily basis – this will ensure the tree does not dry out too quickly
4) Be safe with candles – before leaving home or going to bed please ensure that candles are not still lit
5) When leaving home for an extended time, have a neighbor or family member watch your house and pick up your newspapers and mail.
6) Leave a radio or television on so the house looks and sounds occupied.
7) Large displays of holiday gifts should not be visible through the windows and doors of your home.
8) When setting up a Christmas tree or other holiday display, make sure doors and passageways are clear inside your home.
9) Be sure your Christmas tree is mounted on a sturdy base so children, elderly persons or family pets cannot pull it over on themselves.
10) If you use lights on your Christmas tree ensure the wiring is not damaged or frayed. Frayed or damaged wiring can cause a fire.
11) Never place wrapping paper in your fireplace
Have a safe and happy holiday season!