SNUNEYMUXW SUMMER YOUTH LEADER
Under the direction of the Youth Program Leader, Snuneymuxw First Nation is currently seeking SIX (6 energetic Youth Leaders to facilitate the summer youth programs to engage our children.
• Engage with 3-8 children (art, outside play, computers, cooking etc.)
• Follow weekly youth calendar for events
• Ensure safety of children and report any incidents promptly
• Provide support, guidance and direction while promoting anti- bullying
• Create activities for all youth
• Follow Youth Centre Protocols including completion of related forms
• Ensure areas are clean and safe for children
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate being a positive role model
• Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive.
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow
• An adult attending post-secondary or mature high school student
• Experience working with children and youth, and as part of a team
• Ability to obtain a Criminal Record Check is mandatory
• Class 5 Drivers License is an asset
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to: Snuneymuxw First Nation
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 424 firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Date: THURSDAY, JUNE 27@4:00 P.M.
For more information contact Dean White @250-740-2337
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.