Under the direction of the Security Lead, the Security Officer is responsible for controlling access to and from Snuneymuxw First Nation’s reserves. This includes screening traffic to identify residents or essential services and restricting access as per security guidelines. The Security Officer works in liaison with the RCMP and Snuneymuxw administration. This is a temporary position.
The Security Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Screen traffic that enters and exits the reserve based on essential services/residency.
- Deny access in a professional manner in case of non-essential service or non-residency.
- Collect essential information on vehicles and people, including reasons for entering/leaving the community and contact information
- Maintain confidentiality when collecting information related to traffic control.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations.
- Report any safety concerns to supervisor.
- Contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance services as required.
- Write clear and concise reports including daily activity reports, incident, and liability reports.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance as required.
- Perform regular foot patrols to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security.
- Interact with visitors, guests, residents in a respectful manner and work closely with SFN administration and the RCMP to maintain safety.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Former police or security experience is an asset.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service role is desirable.
- Experience in administration is an asset.
- Experience in restaurants or hospitality is an asset.
- High school diploma is an asset.
- Basic Security Training (BST) is desirable.
- Advanced Security Training (AST) is preferrable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time in all weather conditions at all times of the day.
- High attention to detail, in particular in stressful situations.
- Able to write comprehensive reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (mornings/afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Excellent client management skills.
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- A positive, mature, professional, and flexible attitude.
- You will be subject to satisfactory reference check and criminal records review and policy record checks.
- You may be required to work outside of work hours if an emergency occurs.
- Confidentiality: The incumbent must adhere to the Snuneymuxw First Nation’s Standards of Conduct and policies.
Please contact Shawn Johnnie, Security Lead, at 250-895-0276 or email@example.com if you are interested in this opportunity. Thank you.