Newcastle Island Student Youth Interpretation and Customer Service Representative May 2016
Late May – Mid August, 2016
Under the direction of the Newcastle Island Coordinator, the Interpretation and Customer Service Representative will act as an ambassador to visitors on Newcastle Island. Duties include delivering interpretive tours, information to visitors. Additional duties will include assisting with activities, operations, events and cleaning. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals with an outgoing friendly personality and interest in learning & sharing knowledge. This position can be part time at first to accommodate student hours. Mentorship will be provided and individual study time is expected to learn the materials.
• Ensure our Coast Salish culture is represented.
• Communicates with public in an appropriate manner
• Conduct walking tours, greet visitors and provide necessary park information
• Assist park operators in ensuring the Park is clean and well presented
Education and Qualification requirements:
• An adult attending post-secondary or mature high school student
• Experience working with public an asset.
• Experience handling money an asset.
• Knowledge of our First Nation culture
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to speak to groups of people and respond to questions
• Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive.
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow.
• Conflict resolution skills are an asset
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4
Deadline Date: May 23, 2016
For more information contact Trish Malfair at 250 740-2311 or 250-802-0255
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted