LICENSED CHILDCARE MANAGER
Under the direction of the Health Administrator, Snuneymuxw First Nation Daycare is seeking applications for a Child Care Manager. The Child Care Manager will be responsible for the Daycare. This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing an integrated developmental program for young children and their families/caregivers encompassing early learning, culture, aboriginal language, whole family learning, and specialized and individual child develop support. This position will also ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and policies. The manager is responsible for the overall daily operations of Snuneymuxw Daycare .
The key operational areas of responsibility are:
- Early Care and Learning,
- Financial/Fiscal budgeting and planning,
- Administrative Duties,
- Management of Staff,
- Guidance and Behavioural Management,
- Health & Safety,
- Grant & Proposal writing & reporting,
- Following the 6 Head Start Core Components and Integration into Programs, &
- Community Networking.
The ideal candidate works well in a dynamic, collaborative, team environment; is flexible and organized; possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to effectively interact with young children, parents, teachers, and team members.
The Child Care Manager, will need to ensure that accurate administrative and financial records are maintained and reported on; that practices and procedures are streamlined so that they are efficient and cost effective in order to ensure the financial viability and sustainability of the Centre.
As Snuneymuxw Chid Care Manager, this position is responsible for the direct supervision of all Early Childhood Education. The Manager will be expected to role model for the staff and community by acting professionally and by demonstrating an active, responsible, & healthy lifestyle.
Competitive wage and benefits package offered
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children in an early childhood program and working in a cross-cultural and team environment is required
- At least 3 years of related experience in a management position involving significant responsibilities for program development and team management within an early childhood education environment is required
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education with post basic IT & SN
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to attend professional development courses annually
- Current validated certificate of practice through ECE Registry is mandatory
- Must have current first aid and food safe certificates
Send current resume, cover letter, and copies of License to Practice/Certificate to: Snuneymuxw First Nation – Attention: Trika Pearson
While all applications are appreciated, only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
Preference may be given to First Nation’s applicants.