IT Systems Administrator
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator and Financial Controller, and in accordance with SFN operating guidelines and requirements, the IT Systems Administrator will assist our IT Service Provider in supporting and maintaining various SFN systems including our website and other network applications. Additional duties will include assisting employees with HelpDesk tickets, developing and conducting training programs and providing overall local IT support with the goal to reduce external IT services. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as the primary contact in dealing with SFN’s IT Service provider with the goal to reduce the overall external services provided.
- Provide support in local system administration as required.
- Monitor IT tickets through the HelpDesk function and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Install and configure software, hardware, and networks.
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues as well as outages.
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure through access control, backups, and firewalls.
- Set up accounts and workstations; deactivate accounts as required.
- Build and maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Monitor IT inventory and ensure up-to-date device allocation information.
- Maintain SFN website updates and maintenance in addition to assisting with SFN’s website upgrade project.
- Develop training needs assessments and conduct training programs for SFN employees on Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Laserfiche and any other systems and software in place.
- Reorganize the central filing records and retention system.
- Post updates, newsletters, and other items to SFN’s website as required.
- Conduct administration system (workflow) reviews pertaining to IT systems.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Assist staff with troubleshooting various office applications, office equipment, and hardware.
- Maintain SFN’s security system, phones, and photocopier access.
- Keep informed and updated on current technology.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an IT related field is required.
Completion of secondary school is required.
BSc/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline is preferrable.
Professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+ are an asset.
Additional professional certification as recommended according to changes in the technical environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly.
- Strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Dependable, enthusiastic, versatile, and responsible.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Collaborative, decisive, and able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- High attention to detail.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous learning.
- Strong understanding of social, economic, political, and historical concerns in Indigenous communities is an asset.
- You are required to possess and maintain a valid BC driver’s license and to have access to a reliable vehicle. You are responsible for having appropriate insurance for work.
- You may be required to work outside of work hours if an emergency occurs.
- You will be subject to satisfactory reference check and Criminal Records Checks.
- You will be required to provide copies of your professional certificates.
- You must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the IT Systems Administrator and must adhere to the Snuneymuxw Confidentiality Policy; as well as your professional Code of Ethics and accreditation standards.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation; attention: Tina-Marie Heinrich
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4 or email: HR@snuneymuxw.ca or Fax: 250-753-3492
Deadline Date: Thursday, May 13, 2021