Housing Intern - Temporary Assignment (possible extension) June 2016
Under the direction of the Housing Coordinator the Housing Intern will be responsible for enforcing our Tenancy agreement requirements for our housing tenants. In addition, responsibilities include ensuring rent is paid on time, general maintenance is conducted and any compliance issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
1. Collects rent from housing tenants and issues receipts.
2. Identify repair and maintenance for all CMHC housing units as well as Band Rental units.
3. Prepares repair and maintenance reports providing a summary of completed and outstanding work for the Housing Coordinator’s review.
4. Create a response document for the tenant identifying compliance and non-compliant maintenance items.
5. Attends workshops conducted by the Ready to Rent Consultants.
6. Provides instruction to current and future tenants on complying with the Residential Tenancy Agreement.
7. Prepare purchase orders, cheque requisitions and other financial documents as required.
8. Provide SFN members with information and guidance on home repair programs, routine maintenance and preventative maintenance.
9. Completes tenancy agreements/extensions and housing maintenance agreements as required by CMHC.
10. Undertake any and all other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Housing Coordinator and/or the Community Housing and Infrastructure Coordinator.
Education and Qualification requirements:
• Grade 12 graduation.
• Must complete a criminal record check.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
• Ability to manage challenging clients and make informed decisions based upon existing policies and / or bylaws.
• Ability to deal with stress and conflict situations.
• Extremely detailed oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to take direction and perform duties in a professional and timely manner.
• Possess strong organizational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow.
• Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
• Skilled user in various software applications, i.e. Word, Excel and MS Outlook, and any other work related software.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4
Deadline Date: NOON, June 24, 2016
For more information contact Jackie Good at 250 740-2355
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted