Health Home Care Worker June 2016
Snuneymuxw is seeking a self-motivated qualified individual to work as Home Care Worker. This position is Casual/On-Call.
Under the direction of the Home Care & Community Nursing Coordinator, the Home Care Worker provides quality personal care and home support services within the Snuneymuxw First Nation Community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Provides personal and supplemental care duties and services in SFN homes and/or in an institutional settings including (but not limited to) bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, exercise programs, preparation of meals/cooking, laundry, shopping, home cleaning, transportation and minor home maintenance.
2. Contributes towards promoting and maintaining the physical, psychological and social well-being of adult care/elder care clientele and advocates for dignity and self-respect of clients.
3. Assists Snuneymuxw families in providing care for terminally ill clients.
4. Reports changes in client’s health and living arrangements that may affect the individual care plans and assists in identifying and recommending adult care/elder care service delivery strategies and priorities.
5. Instructs clients in diet/nutrition and available resources.
6. Actively participates in community interagency meetings regarding adult care/elder care issues and assists in coordinating elder care events.
7. Assists the Home Care and Community Nursing Coordinator with planning, designing and implementing comprehensive adult care/elder care program activities and initiatives.
8. Maintains all records in a confidential and accurate manner and informs the Home Care and Community Nursing Coordinator with regular activity updates.
1. Completion of Grade 12.
2. A tuberculosis (TB) test and proof of immunization.
3. Possesses the following certificates/licenses:
a. Home Care/Resident Care Attendant Certificate;
b. Valid BC driver’s license with clean drivers abstract;
c. Transfer/Mechanical Lift Certificate;
d. Food Safe Certificate;
e. First Aid and CPR Level C with AED;
f. Workplace Hazardous Management Information System (WHMIS) certificate;
g. Transportation of Dangerous Goods;
h. Palliative Care Certificate is desirable;
i. Foot Care Certificate is desirable;
j. ASSIRT certification or similar certification.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter by Thursday, June 2, 2016 to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4
Fax: Fax: 250-753-5221
For more information contact Maggie White at 250 740-2337
Please note. Only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
A criminal record check will be required for this position.