Financial Officer March 2015
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Financial Officer is responsible for overseeing all of Snuneymuxw First Nation financial operations which includes the overall financial management of 14 departments, formulating business strategies, and recommendations which will lead to strategic financial decisions.
- Administers the financial affairs and operations of SFN and exercises budgetary control over all departments;
- Supervises financial staff through capacity building and training and monitoring performance.
- Ensures timely monthly reporting to Chief and Council and departments, coordinates budgets, implements governance procedures, monitors risk management and internal controls ensuring efficient use of resources and assets.
- Liaise with external auditors and funding agencies.
- Administers and reviews/revises SFN financial policies and procedures.
- CGA, CMA or CA designation
- Minimum of 5 years accounting and supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting/financial practices and software programs.
- Superior supervisory skills in mentoring, motivating, coaching and providing direction to staff members in addition to establishing an effective team environment.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
Snuneymuxw First Nation offers a competitive compensation package.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Or by mail to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4
For more information contact Sue Stebner at 250-821-5446
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted