Executive Director for the Snuneymuxw First Nation
Snuneymuxw First Nation is looking for a dynamic, confident and energetic professional with experience in senior management within a First Nation Government. The successful candidate will be responsible for management, oversight, operations and budgets of Snuneymuxw First Nation Administration.
We are seeking a superior performer who is self-motivated to provide Snuneymuxw Chief and Council with strategic planning, implementation strategies for Chief and Council decisions and advice on policy, legislation and various other Chief and Council initiatives.
- A Bachelor Degree in Management, Business, Human Resource, Finance; or equivalent experience in senior management with First Nations Government.
- Extensive knowledge of First Nation culture, practices and laws.
- Thorough knowledge of the Indian Act.
- Knowledge of the social and economic issues facing First Nations.
- Knowledge of implementation strategies for Chief and Council decisions, departmental goals and policies, and community priorities.
- Extensive experience working within First Nation governance framework such as Chief & Councils, Board of Directors, Corporations, or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of First Nation administration, programs and services, finances, policies and procedures.
- Superior capability for project management, coordination, monitoring and conflict resolution.
- Thorough understanding of First Nation health, education, housing, social development, Elders and Youth.
- Experience with drafting budgets, monitoring procedures and reporting systems.
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting principles and practice.
- Demonstrated excellence with human resources such as building and sustaining respectful relations and communications with management, staff, and membership.
- Demonstrated ability for visioning, strategic planning and organizational teamwork
- Superior oral, written, negotiation, critical thinking, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
We encourage qualified, interested persons to submit your cover letter, resume and references by 4:00 pm Friday August 21, 2015. The above is a general description of requirements for interested parties and a formal job description and contract will be discussed with those selected for an interview. Please make submissions to:
Attention: Amy Wyse, Chief & Council Secretary
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, B.C.,
OR via email to: Amyw@snuneymuxw.ca
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.