Casual Community Support Worker
Nanaimo Association for Community Living (NACL) is currently hiring casual (on-call) Community Support Workers.
The Community Support Worker is responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities with the activities of daily living including personal, social, physical, recreational, vocational, and educational needs. He/she is expected to perform all duties in a safe, efficient and respectful manner and to promote choice, independence and integration for the individuals being served.
- Preferably Long Term Care, Resident Care/Home Support, Community Support Worker, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Several years experience in supporting people with intellectual and physical disabilities in a residential and/or day program setting.
- Ability to relate effectively to persons with intellectual and physical disabilities
- Ability to effectively support people who may exhibit challenging behaviors.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Responsible for ongoing conditions of employment (first aid, Class 4 unrestricted driver’s license, Criminal Record Check, negative TB test, medically fit). As some of these requirements take some time to complete, it is highly recommended to acquire them in advance.
For more information or to obtain an application form, please visit our website at www.nanaimoacl.com. Forward resumes and all relevant supporting documentation to:
Julie Wakefield, A/Casual Liaison
Nanaimo Association for Community Living
201-96 Cavan St
Nanaimo, BC V9R 2V1