Snuneymuxw First Nation (SFN) is seeking on-call receptionists. The On-Call Receptionist is responsible for handling front office reception and related duties, in addition to providing administrative support to other SFN staff, when required. The On-Call Receptionist will provide organization-wide support and may be required to work at the Multi-Use Building (gym), Hulit Lelum (Health Center), Admin Office, Woodbank or any other SFN building. Location preferences will be considered but we may not be able guarantee this. Training will be provided for all locations. Weekly hours may vary and depend on operational needs. Work opportunities may be available on a short-notice basis.
The On-Call Receptionist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Welcome visitors, determines nature of business, announces visitors to appropriate staff and ensures reception area is maintained and kept tidy.
- Screen and direct calls, respond to queries regarding SFN, take and relay messages as required.
- Ensure that office and meeting rooms and other areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Plan, research, lay-out copy for weekly newsletter.
- Maintain an up-to-date internal telephone & email listing of all SFN staff (including admin office building, Health Center, and Woodbank).
- Provide administrative support to Department Heads and Managers, as directed by the Office Coordinator.
- Assist in the implementation of health and safety measures (i.e. visitor questionnaire)
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an administrative role is preferrable.
- Minimum Grade 12 completion.
- Post-secondary education in Administration or related field an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong PC skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Outlook, and Publisher are preferrable.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- You are required to have access to reliable method of transportation; it is your responsibility to get to the work location.
- You may be required to work at different locations, as outlined above.
- You may be required to work outside of regular work hours if an emergency occurs.
- You will be subject to satisfactory reference check and criminal records review.
- You must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the On-Call Receptionist. You must adhere to the Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures of the Snuneymuxw First Nation; as well as his/her professional Code of Ethics.
- You are required to meet the requirements of Snuneymuxw First Nation’s vaccination policy.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation, attention: Tina-Marie Heinrich
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4 or email: HR@snuneymuxw.ca or Fax: 250-753-3492
Deadline Date: until positions filled