On-Call Child Minders (several positions) Sept 2015 - EXTENDED
If you love children, have patience and a sense of humour this could be the perfect job for you.
The Health Centre is looking to hire on-call Child Minders to work in the Health Centre on an as required basis Monday – Thursday from 5:00PM-8:00PM.
Child Minders report to the Health Administrator and are responsible for looking after Snuneymuxw First Nation member’s children while the members are attending evening appointments in the Health Centre. Children could range in age from infants up to 12 years of age however the average age is 3 years-10 years.
The Child Minder will have patience, a sense of humour, and will also need to be aware of health, safety and hygiene.
- Responsible for the care of up to 6 children per shift;
- Make sure that the children you are looking after, feel secure and are safe;
- When required, take children to the bathroom or change diapers;
- Provide a range of indoor play activities;
- Keep children meaningfully engaged in activities;
- Previous babysitting experience;
- Have reached 19 years of age;
- Physically fit and able to lift children up to a maximum of 30 pounds;
- Available to work evenings as required, Monday-Thursday potentially from 5:00PM – 8:00PM
- Must undergo a criminal reference check;
- Possession of a babysitting certificate is an asset, however training can be provided;
Deadline: Friday, October 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Please submit your resume plus references from previous babysitting clients to:
Maggie White, Health Centre Office Coordinator via:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Fax: 250-753-5221, or
Hand deliver to the Health Centre Receptionist
Please note only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
A criminal record check will be required for this position.