On-Call Bus Driver
Snuneymuxw First Nation (SFN) is seeking an On-Call Bus Driver who will report to the Education Director. Tasks involves but are not limited to driving the school bus, supporting patient and elders’ transportation. This is a seasonal, on-call position based on operational needs.
The On-Call Bus Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides bus transportation services to Snuneymuxw as required; may provide transportation using SFN’s vans or busses for other SFN departments.
- Regularly monitors and implements safety maintenance that satisfies standards set by the Motor Vehicle Act for provincial licensing.
- Drives safely, responsibly and be prepared for all road conditions.
- Safely supervises passengers and exercise discipline on the bus when required. Any discipline must be exercised with caution, in a way that is respectful of passengers but firm with regard to safety rules.
- Refrain from using a cell phone or other portable personal electronic device while operating a SFN van/bus transporting passengers, including picking up and dropping off, except in an emergency.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of experience as a bus driver.
- Previous experience in a maintenance related role is an asset.
- Completion of high school.
- Class 1 or Class 4 driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of driving a bus and transportation of clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Reliable with the ability to exercise good judgement.
- High standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Organized, punctual and reliable.
- Strong driving skills and habits.
- Positive work history interacting with community members.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- You are required to possess and maintain the required BC Driver’s License for this position.
- You may be required to work outside of work hours if an emergency occurs.
- You will be subject to satisfactory reference check and criminal records review.
- You are required to provide and maintain a clean driver’s abstract.
- You must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of this position. You must adhere to the Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures of the Snuneymuxw First Nation; as well as his/her professional Code of Ethics.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation; Attention: Tina-Marie Heinrich
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4 or email: HR@snuneymuxw.ca or Fax: 250-753-3492
Deadline Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021