BC Hydro-YOUTH HIRES PROGRAM (SUMMER 2016)-Various locations
- These are paid job shadow program.
- $17.55 per hour, 37.5 hours per week.
- You’ll start making money Monday, July 4 when you start the mandatory safety training
- In the past, BCHydro has hired youth for these position that are as young as 16 and as old as 29.
- Most of the opportunities available are for Power Line Technicians, though there are a couple for other specialties such as designers and natural resource specialists.
To view this or other career opportunities:
How to Apply
- Register a User Name & Password
- Create Profile and:
- Complete Diversity Questionnaire
- Add Work Experience/Designations/Education & Training info
- Add Attachments (Cover Letter, Resume, High School Transcripts or letter from school confirming courses completed)
- Select Preferences
- Release or “unlock” your Profile
- Create a Job Alert
- Find and Apply for a Job
- Log-In to Profile with User Name and Password
- Find and Apply for Jobs > Search Jobs
- Click on Job Posting > Review posting
- Click on Apply
- Complete the Questionnaire
- Send Application (Message will state: “Thank you for applying for one of our job postings”)
Once you have successfully applied online and received an email confirming your successful application from BC Hydro, forward that email message to the Aboriginal Employment and Business Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org We can then ensure your application is complete and support you through the recruitment process.
If you require any additional information, please contact:
Valerie Monkman | Program Advisor, Aboriginal Employment and Business Development
6911 Southpoint, 10th floor
Burnaby, BC V3N 4X8
Phone: 604 528 2155