Administrative Support Worker
Under the direction of the Health Manager, the Administrative Support Worker is responsible for overseeing various Health Center administrative functions such as maintaining paper and electronic files and documents, organizing logistics for meetings, attending to office maintenance needs, ensuring office supplies are adequately stocked, providing support to the Health Center staff as delegated and providing back-up support for the receptionist as required. This is a temporary position until March 2021.
The Administrative Support Worker will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintains administrative records by organizing paper and electronic filing systems for documents, records, reports, correspondences, and other materials.
- Ensures that filing is up-to-date and that all files and records (paper and electronic) are protected in accordance with Health Center privacy and security policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports, memos, letters and other documents using Microsoft 365.
- Prepares and assembles documents for the Health Manager to review and process.
- Organises meetings for the Health Center and if required, provide administrative support during meetings.
- Organizes information received and sent by the Health Manager, manages and communicates Health Manager’s schedule.
- Supports Health Center staff in administrative tasks such as document scanning, filing, and troubleshooting of office equipment.
- Strives to meet and exceed the national standards of accreditation, including fulfilling tasks such as reviewing, maintaining, and updating documents related to accreditation standards and policies.
- Provides back-up support for the receptionist.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Previous training/experience equivalent to an administrative support position is required.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in secretarial/office management is preferrable.
A minimum of 1-year experience in progressively more responsible secretarial/office duties is an asset.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Successful completion of training in: First Aid, WHMIS, ASSIST and dealing with emotional or troubled clients is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Health Center and SFN policies, regulations and procedures related to the Health Manager’s office is preferrable.
- Knowledge of SFN cultural protocols/traditional practices is desirable.
- Excellent client satisfaction skills, including dealing effectively with the public, elected officials and SFN staff, both in person and over the telephone.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures/systems is an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing).
- Ability to identify problems and apply effective judgment and decision-making to develop useful solutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality in materials being presented for the Health Manager’s approval.
- Experienced in software applications such as Microsoft 365 (Office).
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent client management skills.
- A positive, professional, and flexible attitude.
- You will be subject to satisfactory reference check and criminal records review and policy record checks.
- Confidentiality: The incumbent must adhere to the Snuneymuxw First Nation’s Standards of Conduct and policies.
Please submit your current resume and cover letter to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation; attention: Tina-Marie Heinrich
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4; or email: HR@snuneymuxw.ca; Fax: 250-753-3492