2021 Summer Students - Mosaic Forest Management
Mosaic Forest Management is looking for experienced Silviculture, Forest Engineering and Forest Biology Summer Students to work out of our Nanaimo, Nanoose Bay and Campbell River, BC locations.
We are seeking Silviculture, Forest Engineering, and Forest Biology students for the 2021 summer work term from May 10 to August 31, to support operations. Students will provide a combination of field and related office work, Monday through Friday.
Bring your passion and we will provide the training and experiences. Successful candidates will share their existing knowledge with Mosaic Forest Management staff while gaining valuable on-the-job experience in silviculture, forest engineering and forest biology supplemented by coaching from experienced mentors.
Benefits of working with Mosaic Forest Management include:
- Working with highly qualified professional staff;
- Building knowledge on different aspects of forest management including road and block layout, forest biology (including fish and wildlife management) and silviculture;
- Working on both Private and Crown lands from Sooke to the Johnstone Straits;
- Enjoying Vancouver Island life as well as daily travel to remote work sites;
- Competitive wages, based on education and experience; and
- Investing in your future with a well-respected employer on Vancouver Island.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Demonstrated appreciation for safety on the job;
- Demonstrated appreciation of forestry in society;
- Self-starter and confident working alone and on teams;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Able to safely and consistently navigate and work on Coastal BC terrain with varying weather conditions.
- Completed 1+ year(s) of study and currently enrolled in a forestry related degree and/or diploma program;
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2020. Use “Summer Student - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you want to work for Mosaic Forest Management and what value you will bring to the company;
- Which forest program you are enrolled in and what stage/year of the program you will have completed by April 2021; and
- If you have a preference for a Silviculture, Forest Engineering and/or Forest Biology position.
Please refer to attached PDF for additional information.