QQS Updates June 2015
It has been a busy time here at Qwam Qwum Stuwixwulh Community School. Our students have been working really hard to finish of their year in a good way!
May 2015 list of meetings, consultations, and events that have happened at QQS:
· CAT 4 Testing
· DIBELS Monitoring
· Student Safety (Lice notice was sent home with all students)
· Professional Development (Team Building)
· FNSA Regional Principal Karen Linkert and FNSA Special Education Program Manager Madeline Price visit QQS for planning/coaching for September 2015/2016 planning.
· FNSA Essential Learning Outcomes K-4 Meeting in Vancouver for Becky Manson (May 26th & 27th, 2015)
· FNSA Principal Professional Learning Community in Vancouver for Roxanne Harris (May 28th & 29th, 2015)
· Parent consultation meetings in regards to student placements and planning for September 2015
Our attendance Contest has been going really well! We are happy to see most of our students here every day! Our overall attendance has improved. We are excited about the improvement because this means that our students are here daily and are learning something new every day! I would like to encourage parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings and friends to continue to encourage our students to make school a priority! We are seeing children happy to learn here at QQS!
We are really happy to announce that our school went to participate in the Sputital Hul’quimin’um Language Competition at Ladysmith Secondary School on Wednesday, May 27th, 2015. We entered two teams into this competition and both teams placed! We had Mr. Young’s Grade 5/6/7 class enter a team and they came first! We had Nikki’s Grade 4 class enter and place 3rd! We are so proud of our students and thankful to Mr. Young, Mona, Nikki, Mitch and Gary Smith our Hul’quimin’um Language Teacher for all of their guidance and support!
Hay’ ch qa, Principle Roxanne Harris