Annual Career Fair 2017
Another successful Career Fair was held at the new community building.
Along with QQS, some local schools attended and enjoyed the information by the exhibitors, entertainment and great food!
Thank you to the Exhibitors:
1. Ay Lelum: House of Good Design
2. UBC Sauder School of Business
3. First Nations Health Authority
4. Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
5. Vancouver Island University
6. The Grand Hotel
7. The Waterfront Suites & Marina
8. Vancouver Island Academy
9. City of Nanaimo
10. Nanaimo Fire Department
11. RCMP, Constable Mike Bigg
12. Seaspan Ferries
13. Nanaimo Port Authority
14. SFN's Petroglyph Development Group
15. BC First Nations Forestry Council
16. Western Forest Products
17. Coastland Wood Industries
18. Kw'umut Lelum Child & Family Services
19. Representative of Children & Youth
20. Nanaimo Youth Services Association
21. Kuu-us Crisis Services
22. Changing Directions, In Support of Aboriginal Youth
23. SFN Health Department
24. Charles Boyle, Architect
25. Amy Wyse, Floral Designer
26. GT Hiring Solutions
27. Sprott Shaw College
28. Aboriginal Child & Youth Mental Health Services
29. BMO Bank of Montreal
Special thanks go to Elder Lolly Good for the Opening Prayer.
Thank you to Chief John Wesley and Councillors Doug White Jr. & Doug White III for their welcome speech and words of encouragement regarding Education and Careers.
Thanks to Christie Charles, a.k.a. Miss Christie Lee, Musqueam/Tsleil-Waututh who rapped for us in Musqueam dialect hun'qumi'num.
Thanks to Virginia Robertson who did a Cedar bark weaving demonstration and Amy wyse - retired florist - who had over 60 girls make corsages. The delicious lunch was prepared by Chef Amanda Seward, a graduate of VIU Culinary Arts Program and served by SFN staff.
Thank you to everyone!