SFN Job Posting
As part of the Smart Metering Program, Snuneymuxw First Nation has a one week (approximately) Liaison opportunity available with BC Hydro.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for communicating important information about the Smart Metering Program to Snuneymuxw community members. The Nation is seeking a dynamic individual to work with the BC Hydro Aboriginal Relations Coordinator, community members and meter installers. The successful candidate should be a self-starter and have the ability to work with limited supervision. In addition, a reliable vehicle and computer experience are considered assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful candidates will attend a one day Regional orientation session.
- Assist in communicating important information about the Smart Metering Program to each reserve household.
- Ensure that each Band household receives an information package outlining the Smart Metering Program.
- Liaise with the BC Hydro Aboriginal Relations Coordinator and SFN Administration to coordinate meter exchange information and logistics as directed
- Where appropriate, organize and attend community information sessions.
- Inform Band households of their meter exchange date.
- Identify any potential problem areas that might be encountered.
- Confirm with each Band household the obligations of the homeowner to power down during meter exchange. Ensure that the homeowner understands what needs to be turned off during the meter exchange.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work outside and under various weather conditions.
- Ability to accurately and consistently record and report progress.
- Ability to use judgment under pressure and choose the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work unsupervised and alone in a reliable fashion.
- Excellent ability to communicate and interact with community members with professionalism.
- Must be able to interact well with community members and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of safety while at work.
- Valid BC drivers licence.
- Use of a reliable vehicle an asset.
- High School Diploma an asset.
- Lodging, meals and travel to orientation session will be provided.
- The successful candidate will be given the start and end dates for smart meter installation in the Nation.
Please download and fillout the applictaion form below
Once completed Fax or Email application form and resume to:
Fax 250-753-3492 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to a printer please drop by the Administrative office—front reception