Term: June - August, 2012
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the researcher will provide assistance to a student researcher hired by the Indigenous Bar Association for a community based project on oral histories and indigenous legal traditions. The successful applicant will be expected to work independently and to coordinate and supervise all interactions by the student researcher with Snuneymuxw membership.
- Post-secondary legal education and/or related experience an asset.
- Excellent research skills including ability to synthesize complex information and produce plain language output.
- Experience/interest in historic legal traditions.
- Dependable, reliable and responsible.
- Excellent computer, oral and written communications skills.
Please submit your resume to:
Snuneymuxw First Nation
668 Centre Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 4Z4
Deadline Tuesday, June 12, 2012 – 4:30pm
For more information contact Sandra Atkinson at 250 740-2306
Please note. Only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted